Financial system development program (PDSF) engaged by the German international cooperation with the government of the Democratic Republic of Congo focuses on three pillars: financial stability, financial education and financial innovation. The first pillar was assigned to COREUM to insure the Central Bank risk management process reinforcement in a context of strong pressure on local currency and political uncertainty.
As lead advisor, COREUM engages to deliver:
- Design of global risk management policy;
- Reinforcement of risk management framework;
- Operational risk mapping for head office and regional directions;
- Specific fraud risk mapping;
- Assistance for automation of incident collection and analysis;
- Assistance for development of a whistle blowing platform;
- Change management to onboard control units and audit teams;
- Risk steering advocacy for members of the Committee of Governance and Audit.